Monday, November 16, 2009

BHTV #22 – Olive Oil

BHTV #22 – Olive Oil: "

When people think of olive oil, they almost always think about the Mediterranean diet. That’s because olive oil is a key ingredient in many recipes from the Mediterranean region. However, because of it’s wonderful taste and amazing health benefits, olive oil is also growing in popularity outside the Mediterranean. That is no surprise because olive oil has a way of enriching and complimenting dishes, such as fish, pastas, meats, salads, soups and so forth. It really is a wonderful ingredient to add to almost any dish. So much so, that olive oil has become a staple in my household.


So, today I’m going to share the health benefits of olive oil that led me to fall in love with it and use it in so many of the dishes I prepare. I’ll also cover some important tips I learned in regards to choosing and storing olive oil. And of course, the show wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t mention a couple tasty ways that you can add a little more olive oil to your diet.


Announcement: Being Healthy for Busy People, my audio show, is a Podcast Awards finalist! Daily voting will run till November 30th. If you have time, please go and vote for my podcast under Health/Fitness as many days as you can! Thank you!


If you haven’t yet, please subscribe through iTunes.




References used while researching this show are WHfoods and Wikipedia.




Related posts:

  1. 2009 Podcast Awards Finalist!
  2. 2008 Podcast Awards Finalist!
  3. BH4BP #16 – Diet Myths and Podcast Award Finalist

"

No comments: